SEC JV, including esc-studio, have been shortlisted for the RIBA Guildhall York Competition.
The Fashion Digital Studio at London College of Fashion, of which Enrique Ramos is part, is organising the 1st International Conference on Digital Fashion in London on 16th-17th May 2013.
SEC JV works as a joint venture of three complementary groups – Sack and Reicher, esc-studio, and Collingridge and Smith Architects. Together, this structure allows us to engage in each project with a wide range of resources, while providing a tailored set of skills responding to the project’s unique character and opportunities.
Enrique Ramos has been appointed by the London College of Fashion as Human-Computer Interaction research fellow within the Fashion Digital Studio:
The Fashion Digital Studio (FDS) is a pioneering centre for technology and innovation in fashion. Through collaborative research and development, skills and knowledge transfer, the FDS is driving innovation in the practical development and creative use of digital technologies. It is recognised as a national and international resource for creative solutions in the fashion, media and technology industries.
More information on http://fashiondigitalstudio.com
Enrique Ramos will be giving a lecture on the work of esc-studio at the School of Architecture of Seville University on May 2 at 18:30.
The lecture will be in the context of the program “El yo cyborg y la ciudad red“, led by Jose Pérez de Lama and Manuel Gutiérrez de Rueda.
- Gesture-based Remote Control. Control devices and home appliances with hand gestures.
- Kinect-networked Puppet. Play with a physical puppet remotely using your whole body.
- Mood Lamps. Build your own set of responsive, gesture controllable LED lamps.
- Drawing Robot. Control a drawing robot using a Kinect-based tangible table.
- Remote-controlled Vehicle. Use your body gestures to control a smart vehicle.
- Biometric Station. Use the Kinect for biometric recognition and checking Body Mass Indexes.
- 3D Modeling Interface. Learn how to use the Arduino LilyPad to build a wearable 3D modelling interface.
- 360º Scanner. Build a turntable scanner and scan any object 360º using only one Kinect.
- Delta Robot. Build and control your own fast and accurate parallel robot.
- Arduino and Kinect basics
- Interfacing Kinect and Arduino through Processing
- Communicating: Serial and communication over networks
- Interacting with the physical world: Sensors and actuators
- Volumetric Scanning
- Step-by-step instructions on a variety of Arduino/Kinect projects
Intermediate to experienced gadget hackers who want to learn how to combine Arduino with Kinect, or who want inspiration for innovation.
A workshop for investigating interaction by imbedding kinetic behaviours into the 1:1 objects. (9th-15th Jan, 2012)
Automatic, Reactive and Interactive; Protoyping, Modelling, Making using kinect, Arduino, Processing Grasshopper & Firefly .